Am 03.10.2011 16:06, schrieb Alexander Klenin:
On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 00:42, Florian Klämpfl<flor...@freepascal.org>  wrote:
Anyway, what I suggest is IMO a good compromise and should satisfy both
sides --
Felipe can continue development of his packages unobstucted,
while the quality of FPC will not suffer.

That's why I proposed a branch and that's what branches are for.

No, the branches (in svn, at least) are for code that is an
alternative/in-progress
imlpementation of some features,

Well, I consider an utf-8 package as an alternative/in-progress implementation to the current wip on unicode support.

not for features rejected from the main branch.

If you like, we can also create svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/stagging ;) I don't see it as rejected, see e.g. also MvC's mail.