On 5-8-2020 23:44, Sven Barth via fpc-devel wrote:
Am 05.08.2020 um 18:33 schrieb J. Gareth Moreton:
P.S. While I haven't been asked to improve aarch64-linux specifically, if I'm understanding things correctly, there should be very few differences with the actual target platform in regards to
calling conventions, for example.
Correct, the most is equal between the platform. There are only subtle differences like this one for AArch64-Win64: https://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/trunk/compiler/aarch64/ncpuset.pas?r1=44949&r2=44948&pathrev=44949

If you want, you could also install a Windows 10 On ARM64 inside a KVM on your Raspberry (with the correct guest drivers you'll get near native performance) like I have done and test around on that as well ;) Maybe you'll find the necessary time earlier than me to fix the remaining problems of the compiler not being able to cycle itself there... :/

Do you mind sharing where you found a working network driver ? I've read endless stories of instabilities with a few possible links to solutions of a few months old. From all that I got the impression that building myself would be the "quickest" way to get them.

Thanks,
Marc