Marc Weustink via fpc-devel <fpc-devel@lists.freepascal.org> schrieb am
Do., 6. Aug. 2020, 09:13:

> On 5-8-2020 23:44, Sven Barth via fpc-devel wrote:
> > Am 05.08.2020 um 18:33 schrieb J. Gareth Moreton:
> >> P.S. While I haven't been asked to improve aarch64-linux specifically,
> >> if I'm understanding things
> >> correctly, there should be very few differences with the actual target
> >> platform in regards to
> >> calling conventions, for example.
> > Correct, the most is equal between the platform. There are only subtle
> > differences like this one for AArch64-Win64:
> >
> https://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/trunk/compiler/aarch64/ncpuset.pas?r1=44949&r2=44948&pathrev=44949
> >

> > If you want, you could also install a Windows 10 On ARM64 inside a KVM
> > on your Raspberry (with the correct guest drivers you'll get near native
> > performance) like I have done and test around on that as well ;) Maybe
> > you'll find the necessary time earlier than me to fix the remaining
> > problems of the compiler not being able to cycle itself there... :/
>
> Do you mind sharing where you found a working network driver ? I've read
> endless stories of instabilities with a few possible links to solutions
> of a few months old.
>  From all that I got the impression that building myself would be the
> "quickest" way to get them.

When I had setup the machine I had given up on that and simply used an Asix
based USB-LAN Adapter and passed that through to the VM.
Though I had recently read, that now support for the network driver should
be working. You should be able to get the latest drivers from the Redhat
site, I think. I'll have to check that again.