En/na Michael Van Canneyt ha escrit:

I will attempt to solve the discussion:
AFAIK Lazarus uses the getappconfigdir() call. I'll add a optional parameter
called 'Roaming', which defaults to 'False' (for backward compatibility),
and which can then be used to get the roaming profile directory.
On non-windows, it will be ignored.

Thats' a good solution: it won't break backwards compatibility and it gives the option to fix the behaviour of current programs that are using CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA.

It is then up to the lazarus devs to use the call to check for the 2
directories if they are so inclined, and possibly offer the choice.

I'd say that by default it should then use GetAppConfigDir(true) for the settings and GetAppConfigDir(false) for rebuilding the lazarus executable.

Bye
--
Luca