On Wed, 18 Jul 2012, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

michael.vancann...@wisa.be wrote:

No need to apologize, I'm just curious where you got your info from. The implementation has been the same since day 1, which means your statement puzzles me.

So instead of re-inventing the wheel, maybe have a closer look again at the
standard IPC mechanisms.

I will do, but I do note that http://lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net/docs/rtl/ipc/index.html explicitly says that "It works only on the linux operating system". Where's the source- I can only see ./fpcsrc/rtl/unix/ipc.pp

I meant the SimpleIPC unit from the FCL:
http://lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net/docs/fcl/simpleipc/index.html