On Fri, 23 May 2014, Tomas Hajny wrote:

On Fri, May 23, 2014 17:38, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
On Fri, 23 May 2014, silvioprog wrote:
.
.
I have a program that makes daily backups, and just discovered this
problem when I noticed that it did not compressing files with names
with special characters.

This is not fixable. The zip standard has no rules for encoding
filenames.
Whatever bytes you put in is what comes out.
You are entirely responsible for handling the encoding.

Not quite, according to the spec
http://www.pkware.com/documents/casestudies
.
.

I can't access this URL (HTTP 403 - Forbidden). The right URL seems to be
http://www.pkware.com/documents/casestudies/APPNOTE.TXT.

Indeed.

A proper implementation would require a serious rewrite of this component
with a unicode API. This can be entered as a feature request if so desired.