On Sat, 15 May 2021, Bo Berglund via fpc-pascal wrote:

It is not a size problem, the test mail contains just a very small zipfile
sample (5 kb in size).
And the mail is not in the spam folder either, it is simply silently rejected by
GMail... No error message.

It turns out that GMail inspects the *content* of the zipfile and if it
discovers "dangerous" constituent files it blocks delivery altogether.
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6590?hl=en#zippy=%2Cmessages-that-have-attachments%2Cmessages-that-dont-have-attachments

In my case there is a small text file inside named <something>.cmd which is NOT
a Windows command file (similar to a batch file) but a file with a set of
equipment commands and geometry information....

So I tested by changing the extension from .cmd to ,cmd.txt and then delivery
started working...
So now I have to modify the automatic server so it will rename this particular
file using a different extension.
But that is easier than dealing with the OpenSSL incompatibility of Indy10 in
any case.

Glad you got it working.

I worked for some time for a mass mailing company. From that experience I assure you that delivering mail is NOT easy.

Meanwhile, there are a lot of safety mechanisms installed on all "big" mail
platforms, and getting a mail delivered becomes more and more difficult.