On Tue, 11 May 2021, Bo Berglund via fpc-pascal wrote:

On Mon, 10 May 2021 09:24:37 -0000 (UTC), Virgo Pärna via fpc-pascal
<fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

On Mon, 10 May 2021 10:08:53 +0200 (CEST), Michael Van Canneyt via fpc-pascal
<fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

That's it. From your story, it seems you just need to set
   FSMTP.TargetPort:=465;
   FSMTP.FullSSL:=True;

        Also ssl_openssl must be in uses somewhere in program to include
openssl support for Synapse.

Of course, but as I said the basic mail sending is working I just have a hard
time understanding how to add file attachments.
It would not have worked unless the proper uses are added to the pas file and
also the laz_synapse package set as required for the project.

That is always so, for every package you use out there.

The only attachment example I have (from Michael) brings in mime, which I don't
understand much of and the synapse docs are very hard reading too.

I guess we have a different understanding of "hard reading", then.

So right now I try to read up on how to actually handle the mime object here...

And I had an additional question:

Does Synapse throw exceptions when errors happen? It does not look like that in
the code I have examined so far but I have only looked in two units..

Yes, it does.

You should always assume exceptions. Maybe synapse itself does not throw
one, but e.g. underlying file IO routines might.