On 5/11/21 5:35 PM, Bo Berglund via fpc-pascal wrote:
Of course, but as I said the basic mail sending is working I just have a hard
time understanding how to add file attachments.
It would not have worked unless the proper uses are added to the pas file and
also the laz_synapse package set as required for the project.

The only attachment example I have (from Michael) brings in mime

mime encoding is the modern way of attaching binary files to email messages... we used to use uu and xx encoding... in all three cases, the bytes of the attached file are converted into 7 bit bytes for transmission... the internet, in all its glory still doesn't know how to attach files in their raw binary format... it would rather make the messages (~1/3rd) larger than to save space and speed but oh well...

FWIW: my only experience with synapse and file attachments was writing a DOS and OS/2 tool to extract all the parts of a message into separate files so they could be weeded out and only the real meat of the message used in further processing and transmission... i've not done anything with creating messages with mime in them or having attached files... only ripping them apart into their individual parts...