With regards to network folders and drives, Adobe software in general is
essentially unaware of the media and location of the file. The provided file
path, whether provided explicitly by the user with a file open dialog or
implicitly as a link in a document is used "as is" for operating system file
access calls. That having been said, when one accesses files on remote and/or
slow links or even with semi-reliable media (such as old and scratched CD-Rs
and DVD-Rs), read errors and/or timeouts can and do occur that are much less
likely than when accessing a file on a "local" drive. The Adobe applications
typically don't attempt any special recovery operations when such read errors
and/or timeouts occur. That is likely the source of problems reported.

            - Dov

[cid:image001.png@01CE0AB6.8EBB5390]

Dov Isaacs
Principal Scientist
Adobe Systems Incorporated

+1 408.536.2896 (tel)
+1 408.242.5161 (cell)
isa...@adobe.com<mailto:isa...@adobe.com>

345 Park Avenue
San Jose, CA  95110-2704 USA
http://www.adobe.com<http://www.adobe.com/>

Feel free to print this e-mail if your needs dictate hard copy.
There is no need to feel guilty about printing!
Paper is renewable and recyclable.

ISAACS-OFFICE.corp.adobe.com