Always have thought the bit about turning the corner early and walking back in Zorn's Lemma was a bit of a knee slapper.

On May 23, 2012, at 10:08 PM, Dan Anderson <bcfilmf...@gmail.com> wrote:

Scott Coleman Miller's "Uso Justo"(2005) was a riot when it first came out. It's a self-ironic restructuring of an old Mexican b/w film, in which the actors find themselves auditioning for an experimental film.

Matt McCormick's "Subconscious Art of Graffiti Removal" (2002) also swept through the festival world and was really hilarious. It's a tongue-n-check, avant-doc about municipal graffiti removal in Portland, OR.

Both of these films might seem a little "cliche" or not quite as funny if they were made today, but 7-10 years ago they were pretty fresh and could put a crowd in tears.

Oh.. Animal Charm is also pretty great, particularly "Mark Roth," and also films by Portland's Larry Johnson, "Three Possible Scenes" (2001) and "The Mustache" (2002).

More in the realm of absurdism than experimental film, works by Matthew Silver (New Jersey), Mike Etoll (Minneapolis), James W. Harris (georgia) and Phil Chambliss (arkansas) are my all-time favs... Amy Lockhart (Vancouver) and Skizz Cyzyk (Baltimore) get pretty far-out too.

--
Dan Anderson, filmmaker/curator
cineplosion.blogspot.com

---