From: FrameWorks <frameworks-boun...@jonasmekasfilms.com> on behalf of Adam
Hyman <a...@lafilmforum.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 11:30 AM
To: Experimental Film Discussion List <frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com>
Subject: Re: [Frameworks] Seeking examples of film elegies

Perhaps Necrology by Standish Lawder.  Does it work as elegy, for you to decide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dadi7mw5gCs
[https://www.bing.com/th?id=OVP.LFJAvlFUqDkfYu6ZsrSL1gEsDh&pid=Api]<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dadi7mw5gCs>

Necrology (Standish Lawder, 1970)<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dadi7mw5gCs>
www.youtube.com
Necrology (Standish Lawder, 1970)

When we had a memorial screening for Brakhage, we included
Passage Through: A Ritual  (1990, 16mm, color/ sound, 50min)

And also Brakhage’s Panels for the Walls of Heaven is really lovely (2002,
color, silent, 31 min.) Print courtesy of the Academy Film Archive.

And Kitch’s Last Meal, by Carolee Schneemann, (1976, 55 min.), perhaps.  Hard
to know what will work as consolation.

Best regards,

Adam Hyman

From:  FrameWorks
<frameworks-boun...@jonasmekasfilms.com<mailto:frameworks-boun...@jonasmekasfilms.com>>
 on behalf of Katherine T Model <ktm2...@nyu.edu<mailto:ktm2...@nyu.edu>>

Threnody—Nathaniel Dorsky
The Dragon is the Frame—Mary Helena Clark

Best,
Katie Model

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 1:40 PM Gene Youngblood