For an elegiac film, may I recommend to your notice my film, A Knowledge They
Cannot Lose? It's on vimeo.

-----Original Message-----
From: Warren Cockerham <warrencocker...@gmail.com>
To: Experimental Film Discussion List <frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com>
Sent: Wed, Aug 29, 2018 4:39 pm
Subject: Re: [Frameworks] Seeking examples of film elegies

The Future is Bright (2011) by Jodie Mack   .. It was played at Scott Nygren's
funeral service (on video) at the University of Florida in 2014 ... Scott was
Jodie's (and my) former professor.  I didn't know that it was shown at the
service until I screened it in Gainesville the following year for the New
England Home Movie Tour.. alongside a few of Rob's films    Afterwards,
Scott's's wife, Maureen Turim (also our former professor),  approached me with
tears in her eyes. She said the print overwhelmed her -- it was her first time
experiencing the physical film.  We ended the program with that film just by
chance that night... It certainly changed how I experienced and programed the
film for the rest of the tour... Gainesville was stop 1.. 16 other stops
followed.. We showed Rob's Undergrowth and Trembling Palace that night with
films by me, Colin Brant, Luther Price, Jo Dery, Rob, Jodie, and  Jonathan
Schwartz... been thinking about that tour a lot these last 2 weeks...

love,

Warren