Hi

Yes! I now have working suspend/resume building xorg using the updated ports and compile options that Gleb Smirnoff kindly pointed me at.

No xorg.conf is needed and all acpi options are as default. It seems to work correctly both with and without acpi_video and acpi_ibm in the kernel. It's still necessary to compile out 'options VESA' from the kernel, otherwise resume fails entirely.

I also observe the issue that Gleb Smirnoff mentions below, that the xorg server is quite slow after result. Using 'xterm -sb' and moving the scrollbar up and down very fast, I was able to able to get the xorg process up to ~20% of CPU. On casual observation, it didn't seem to get worse after several suspend/resume cycles.

Definitely suspend/resume are working and amazingly fast compared to 8.2 (though running on a much older machine).

Thanks to all for the useful suggestions!

Laura