I don't see noticable slowdown. But there is NOTHING (twm and a couple of xterms) running on the machine. A more practical machine is going to be interacting with a lot more X functionality. If you just run 'startx' from the console, do you still have a problem?

xf86-input-keyboard-1.7.0
xf86-input-mouse-1.9.0
xf86-video-intel-2.21.9
xorg-7.7
xorg-server-1.12.4_1,1
dri-8.0.5_3,2
libdrm-2.4.46

On 08/29/13 20:58, Gleb Smirnoff wrote:
On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 08:51:18PM +0200, Laura Marie Feeney wrote:
L>  suspend/resume and repeat the scrolling. The load seems to go quite a
L>  bit higher after resuming (CPU from ~10% to ~20%).  But this is
L>  definitely not a scientific test AND I was primed by Gleb Smirnoff's
L>  comments to look for a performance hit.

Hmm, my slowdown is really noticable, I barely can work after resume.
Can you tell exact versions of xorg-server and x86-intel-driver you
installed?