Hi!

On 29 August 2013 09:42, Laura Marie Feeney <lmfee...@sics.se> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Yes! I now have working suspend/resume building xorg using the updated
> ports and compile options that Gleb Smirnoff kindly pointed me at.
>
> No xorg.conf is needed and all acpi options are as default.  It seems to
> work correctly both with and without acpi_video and acpi_ibm in the kernel.
>  It's still necessary to compile  out 'options VESA' from the kernel,
> otherwise resume fails entirely.
>
> I also observe the issue that Gleb Smirnoff mentions below, that the xorg
> server is quite slow after result.  Using 'xterm -sb' and moving the
> scrollbar up and down very fast, I was able to able to get the xorg process
> up to ~20% of CPU.  On casual observation, it didn't seem to get worse
> after several suspend/resume cycles.
>
> Definitely suspend/resume are working and amazingly fast compared to 8.2
> (though running on a much older machine).
>
> Thanks to all for the useful suggestions!

Let's not finish this just yet! I'd like to try and nail down exactly
what's going on so PRs can be filed.

* Is this with 9.2-RC2? Are you wiling to try out a -HEAD snapshot to make
sure this stuff in -10 is also going to work?
* Ok, so if you have no VESA option, does suspend/resume work in console
mode?
* Try manually setting the cpu frequency low and high (sysctl dev.0.cpu -
you can change 'freq') - see if that fixes your speed issues. Someone else
has reported this.

Thanks!

-adrian