At 01:40 PM 6/7/2005, Miguel Mendez wrote:

>How so? Apple is a niche market. I find their switch to x86 pretty
>depressing actually, although I understand their reasons.

Who says it'll be a total switch? I could easily imagine Apple
switching to x86 for its lower end products (or even selling MacOS
X for PC clones) but continuing to use PowerPC for high end workstations
and servers. There's some actual potential to make a profit selling
hardware into these niches, whereas there's little or none in the
highly saturated consumer desktop and notebook markets.

><yoda>The boy you trained, gone he is. Twisted by the Dark Side, young
>Jobs has become.</yoda>

<yoda>There is another.</yoda>

Seriously: in many folks' opinion, Jobs *was* the Dark Side and should
have done something like this years ago.

--Brett Glass