We're all certifiable with the *BSD's, no pun intended. :)
  I'm not sure if this helps but there is accepted "certs" for the BSD's.

 http://www.bsdcertification.org/ -and it's fairly cheap.

as far as your "...How do you fight against corruption & bureaucraty in the
government itself?..."

  well, UNFORTUNATELY, every country in the world HAS THAT problem.

GL

Rick.