> >How many
> > advertising dollars has Mr Kamp spent promoting the use of FreeBSD?
>
>Afaik, anybody can spend any amount of advertising dollars he
>wants.

Again, you miss the point. Spending dollars advertising is arguably a more
valuable contribution than altering a few line of code or submitting a
driver for some obscure card.

> > Thousands of users use FreeBSD enhanced with our "contributions".  We
> spend
> > tens of thousands of dollars advertising them, indirectly advertising
> > FreeBSD in the process.
>
>Sure. And without FreeBSD, your "contributions" are worthless, so
>you already got your share.

That makes no sense. How can you "contribute" to something that doesnt
exist? The existence of FreeBSD is a necessary condition to make a
contribution to it.

> > People buy products because they think that they are worth the price. The
> > fact that so many people are willing to pay for the enhancements we
> provide
> > is prima facia evidence of our contribution.
>
>Sure, but at the moment it enters the system, we are supposed to
>support, test and let it evoluate with the system. How to do that
>without source?

Wrong again. WE support it. its an add-on, its not in any "tree". Clearly
you only read what you want to read. If you're not going to pay attention
then its like talking to a child.

Windows has the driver for the intel ethernet card on their CD, but they
dont support it. At least TRY to grasp some concepts here, you might learn
something.

Im trying to give analogies that even you can understand, but its very
difficult :-)

DB

Emerging Technologies, Inc.

http://www.etinc.com
ISA and PCI T1/T3/V35/HSSI Cards for FreeBSD and LINUX
Multiport T1 and HSSI/T3 UNIX-based Routers
Bandwidth Management Standalone Systems
Bandwidth Management software for LINUX and FreeBSD