Quoting "Sam Fourman Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (from Wed, 16 Jan 2008 14:22:41 -0600):

I guess i am a bit confused, did someone in fact get flash9 working in
RELENG_7 or -CURRENT?

There are known problems. Something is buggy in the kernel. We don't know what the exact problem is, nobody had time or incentive so far to hunt down the problem.

You need to set the linux compatibility from the default 2.4.2 to 2.6.16, and you need a more recent linux_base (read: not the default fc4 but e.g. f7).

There's a different thread about flash and [EMAIL PROTECTED] reported there that the plugin is loaded by firefox but crashes. I've also seen reports that it doesn't crash, but I think those people where just lucky and didn't use the subset of flash which triggers the crash.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Many people are secretly interested in life.