What does your switch say ?
switch says 100 full.

I have a (NetBSD) box here which, for some
reason, refuses to go into full duplex mode, though it claims it is in
full duplex.
And there is no way to know about reality ? I just can't trust ifconfig ?

By the way I've set net.inet.tcp.sendspace to 65536, should I reboot
to make change takes effect ?
No, why should you?
I did not knew that those kind of system value did not need reboot. I'm quite new to FreeBSD, and the other OS I'm working on is Mac OS 9... ;)

Thanks,

Raphael