On Wed, Nov 06, 2019 at 08:44:35AM +1100, Dewayne Geraghty wrote:
> Chris,
> After you've booted the kernel, the correct way to load a module that isn't
> already in the kernel, is to:
> kldload mpr
> To check if mpr is loaded, try
> kldstat -v|grep mpr

Thanks for this.  I was able to boot and verify that pci/mpr is already
loaded, and trying "kldload mpr" reports that it's already loaded from the
kernel.  So, device just not recognized.

> However, if you've already placed
> mpr_load="YES" in your /etc/loader.conf and rebooted your device, then you
> probably need to move into a diagnostic phase.

Yeah.  I think I see what PCI id is missing in the driver, after digging
around in the sources.  I was just hoping it was a process/human error.
I'll get another machine running a build, and see if I can stub it in.

Thanks all.

 - Chris