At 03:26 PM 11/13/00 -0800, David O'Brien wrote:
>On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 03:06:41PM -0800, Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami
>wrote:
> >  * I'm going to go ahead and bump -current's libc today in preparation of
> >  * doing in -stable if it comes down to it.  I know Garret has been waiting
> >  * to make some changes that would need a bump anyway.  So it won't be
> >  * wasted.
> >
> > Can you commit the change RSN?  I need a new snap with the updated
> > version numbers before I can even start rebuilding the packages.  We
> > are in a race against time now.
> >
> > What's the holdup?
>
>Root canal crown prep and make world time. :-)

Sorry to hear. <sudder>

Is the bump going to happen before 4.2 or not?

I *do* realize what  PITA this is.  Though for some it is an opportunity,
as they can make changes to -current that would require a version bump.  Of
course if the those changes can be MFC'd then we are in the same boat down
the line at some point and -current must be then bumped before -stable can
again be bumped.  And another compat distribution.  8-/

Main concern is the looming release date 6 days.  Would rather see this
done right and delay the release past the 20th.

Jeff Mountin - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Systems/Network Administrator
FreeBSD - the power to serve