On Tue, Nov 14, 2000 at 04:03:19PM -0600, Jeffrey J. Mountin wrote:
> Is the bump going to happen before 4.2 or not?

I don't know.  I'd like to hear Satoshi's response to my last email on
the topic.  The typical test [in this case] would be does a 4.0R shared
binary still run fine on a 4.2-R system.  No one has brought this up as
the case.  And for the example given, I don't know how bumping libc's
shared version number will solve the problem.

--
-- David  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
          GNU is Not Unix / Linux Is Not UniX