On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 01:49:39PM -0700, Warner Losh wrote:
> This makes it harder to deal with mixed environments, but not hugely
> so.

Can you expand on this?

> We're not supposed to have major libc bumps in -stable.

I'm not aware of this rule since the switch to ELF.  I don't believe it
is in the developers section of the Handbook.

> If it is a bunch of changes or if the changes happened a long time ago,
> then we have no choice but to fix the problem now and how the "window"
> isn't too disruptive.

Again, I don't think there is a [large] problem to fix.  The way the
upgrade kits have been done in the past have been walking a tight rope.

--
-- David  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
          GNU is Not Unix / Linux Is Not UniX