Ulrich Spoerlein wrote:
Hi,

as you are aware, there is a unix domain socket leak in 6-STABLE,
which AFAIK is not yet fully fixed.

We are running Cyrus and Postfix with the user DB in OpenLDAP. When
using ldapi://%2fvar%2frun%2fopenldap%2fldapi/ as a connection URL for
both Postfix' user lookup and cyrus' user lookup (via nss_ldap). slapd
quickly runs out of filedescriptors as it is not closing any unix
sockets (judging by ever increasing lsof output).

Can you perhaps isolate the bug / give more information on it? I'm asking because I'm currently using an application with unix domain sockets in production wich handles lots of connects/disconnects per second and it doesn't seem to show leakage.