On 6/14/07, Marc G. Fournier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I don't know ... it was caused by an application, but nothing was freed up
after the application was stop'd ...

In my case the sockets are closed only if I stop the samba processes. When I
just changed the connection mode from Unix Socket to TCP on nss_ldap.conf,
the connections remain opened. I think this could be a problem with nss_ldap
(in the way of the connections are handled ?) because samba is accessing
OpenLDAP directly via TCP, the access via Unix Sockets is only done by Samba
throughnss_ldap.

I trying to simulate this error on another machine. I will write some
scripts/program that connect to OpenLDAP socket directly and via nss_ldap
and post the results.

Any more hints ?