On 6/13/07, Alfred Perlstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I would advise running "truss" or ktrace against the process
to see if it's actually attempting to close the descriptor.

this would explain if the leak is in the application, or
maybe libc/kernel.

--
- Alfred Perlstein

Hi !

I change nss_ldap.conf again to access OpenLDAP via unix domain socket.

Here is the connection counter before the change:

Wed Jun 13 22:35:55 BRT 2007
unix sockets:       99
tcp sockets:       12

Here is the connection counter rigth before change connection method back to
TCP socket:

Wed Jun 13 22:56:01 BRT 2007
unix sockets:     2902
tcp sockets:       13

Follow the link to the 500k lines kdump file from a ktrace of an smbd
process that leaked more than 1000 unix domain sockets connections during
this time.

http://www.seudns.net/~ale/smbd.kdump.bz2

ps: I removed some lines from the file that shows socket read returns,
because they showed usernames e other informations that I don't want to
expose.

Regards,

Alexandre