On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 16:22:45 +0200, Ulrich Spoerlein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

as you are aware, there is a unix domain socket leak in 6-STABLE,
which AFAIK is not yet fully fixed.

I wanted to ask about the status or some possible fixes, as I know a
way to reproduce the problem in a matter of minutes.

We are running Cyrus and Postfix with the user DB in OpenLDAP. When
using ldapi://%2fvar%2frun%2fopenldap%2fldapi/ as a connection URL for
both Postfix' user lookup and cyrus' user lookup (via nss_ldap). slapd
quickly runs out of filedescriptors as it is not closing any unix
sockets (judging by ever increasing lsof output).

Shouldn't slapd close its unix socket? Or am I misreading this.

Using TCP sockets is just fine. If there are patches I could try,
don't hesitate to send them to me.

Cheers,
Uli

Ronald.