I'm going to be offline for a week starting now, so please don't read my lack of answers as anything other than "out of town". Sorry.

For clarity: I'm not asking for anyone to fix anything. I honestly believe most developers are addressing problems as fast as they can. I'd help them in any way I could.

I am suggesting that given that the current bug list for 6.3-RELEASE is both (a) too large and (b) breaks things that work fine in 6.2 ... that I think pushing 6.2 (the real stable release) into EoL is a bit rushed. I sympathize with the development costs of maintaining old versions. Again, I will help in any way I can.

On my return next week I would happily build and provide 6.3-RELEASE systems for any developer who needs a test environment for reported bugs that affect hardware I have in my possession. Free boxes, free bandwidth, power, etc. No problem. Free my time in whatever way I can help.

But until such time as the current bug list for 6.3 hardware reduces to somewhere less than 100% likelyhood of experiencing failures after an upgrade, there's just no way I can take our production environment forward. Going "bravely forward" to guaranteed failure isn't a great way to enjoy your job :-( Which means I'll be doing our security patches by hand. Because it may be time intensive, but it's less likely to cause a production failure.

--
Jo Rhett