On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 22:19:03 -0700
Jo Rhett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Edwin, I've been building testbed environments for over 20 years in
> my professional career.  I know a lot more than this basic concept.
>
> The costs in our environment for a proper testbed is $20k in
> hardware and 3000 man hours.  That's for a small test of comparable
> small changes to the existing environment.
>
> Why would we take on this cost only to re-document well known and
> already acknowledged bugs?  I mean, really?

I'm surprised that a test environment (for upgrade testing, load
testing, release testing) isn't already in place.
Some people (customers and operators alike) might think it is
unprofessional and unsafe to run a production system without a test
system available.

If you have a test system available, why don't you use it?
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen