> [wsimpson - Sun Jan 20 02:34:24 2008]:
>
> Madeline Book wrote:
> > Some translated strings show "garbage" characters when the client
> (branch
> > S2_2) runs under LANG=fr_FR.
>
> S2_2 does not have currently maintained translations.  That begins
> next week.
> Please check again after the 2.1 po files are merged into 2.2....

I can reproduce the garbled text and gtk warnings with the released
2.1.1 and branch S2_1. As other occurences of "special" characters
(e.g. accented vowels) in translated messages don't show up as "?",
I am led to believe it is a problem with only a few translated strings
(or maybe just the one mentioned in my initial report).