Update of patch #3301 (project freeciv):

             Open/Closed:                  Closed => Open

Follow-up Comment #3:

It occurred me to check what automake version this requires only after
committing.
Digging automake ChangeLogs it seems that tar.xz support was added in 1.11.
I'll test what older ones do with unknown (to them) options, but if it doesn't
work I think we have to revert this. Maybe build bzip2 compressed tarballs for
now instead (bzip2 was first mentioned in automake ChangeLog for 1.8)