On 26.02.2013 17:43, Michael Vehrs wrote:
> On 25.02.2013 11:50, Michael T. Pope wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 04:34:42 PM Michael Vehrs wrote:
>>

>>> Well, I have implemented most of that now. Of course, it turns out there
>>>

>>> is yet another problem which I did not see immediately, namely the
>>>

>>> "unattended production" of work places such as the town hall and the
>>>
>> church.
>>
>> Those ones are quite different to the normal production, so perhaps
>> they should be specified independently?
>>
>> <production>
>>
>> <output goods-type="bells" amount="3"/>
>>
>> <output goods-type="bells" amount="1" autoProduced="true"/>
>>
>> </production>
>>
>> ... and such elements would be ignored for scaling purposes since they
>> are implicit solely on the existence of the building, not on any input
>> or unit.
>>
>> Very confusing area I fear.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Mike Pope
>>

> Yes, isn't it just. Well, I'll think about it some more over the
> weekend. Maybe I will be struck by enlightenment. Or maybe not.
>

> Regards
>
> Michael

Actually, I didn't start thinking about this seriously until today, but
diverted myself with a bit of XSLT instead. And that might have been a
good idea. With renewed vigor, I attacked the problem again today, only
to find that the code was basically correct. However, it was troubled by
several conversion errors and a rounding error, which reared their ugly
heads when production numbers were very small, as is the case when an
empty town hall only produces a single (unattended) bell, for example.
Anyway, I was able to fix the conversion errors and to kludge around the
rounding error. YMMV, but I think the new
Building.getAdjustedProductionInfo() is actually a bit cleaner than before.

By the way, is there any rhyme or reason to the selection of commit
messages one receives? And I must say I find the old svn commit messages
rather more interesting than the new ones.

Regards

Michael