On Thu, 16 Jan 2014 19:38:17 +1030
"Michael T. Pope" <mp...@computer.org> wrote:
> All I can think
> of is there is some attempt to place popups in a layer that should be
> always in front of the map layer, but this happens at the point they are
> created and is never changed.

This has been cleaned up.  Every component that ever gets explicitly
placed on the FreeCol canvas is assigned one of the JLayeredPane
predefined layers.  AFAICT there is no way to even specify "behind".
Suggestions of what more we can do here would be most welcome.

> > Perhaps it's only checking for the top left coordinates when
> > selecting a position?
>
> I hope so.  I will look at it.

Kicked it in git.3948a84.  Looks better to me.

Cheers,
Mike Pope