Hi,

the underlying problem is the NetBeans people were too lazy to update their
XML-Validator to allow anything more than Java 1.5 for ages, although I saw
they have bug tickets for this, including one from me clicking submit in the
IDE once.
When you go and change this setting (which is *only* for the texteditor to
show more warnings, as there is a separate setting for compiling already set
to 1.7), its temporarily applied, but a tiny exception bubble shows in status line,
indicating it can not save the project file cause of failed valitation.
When I manually edited the project file using Notepad++ and tried out other
settings, then tried to load the project in NetBeans it also failed to load the
project cause of the same error, and being able to load the project trumps
having to change the setting each time I open the IDE.
I was kind of hoping when writing the comment on the merge request Caleb
would tell he had found a new version where they fixed it.

I would just keep the request as a reminder for now, to recheck someday.
A sideeffect is that it makes the merge request button visible; if there were
only closed requests you would have to guess the URL to see the subpage on
SF website.

Greetings,

wintertime