Hi,

> With respect to the setActiveUnit untangling, I looked at git.b8c21dc
> where the colony popup went away.  I think a case was missed, so I put it
> back,
> and dropped as many setSelectedTile calls as possible (git.8394732).

I might have overlooked it, as I did not think code was relying on setActiveUnit
internally calling setSelectedTile which was opening the panel.

> Related to this I have just put in the fix for the second race in BR#2867,
> which simplifies the InfoPanel in MOVE_UNITS_MODE (git.1728101).  This has
> probably caused more cases of a blank InfoPanel, which will need fixing as
> they are understood.

When I saw the diff I suddenly had the idea what the reason for BR#2806 is.
It must be the InfoPanel not knowing about the next active unit.
I pushed a tentative fix, but I could not do checking for how it influences
BR#2867. Could you do that?
We might also recheck if the active unit in MapViewer also needs an update
and if thats the case it might be better to update the InfoPanel by doing some
call from somewhere else instead of letting it just grab the next unit.

> The intention now is that IGC should keep an active
> unit displayed at all times, until it runs out of them or the user explicitly
> goes into terrain mode (formerly we would clear the active unit in some
> cases such as when abandoning a colony, however this was arbitrary).

I'll try to remember this.

Regards,

wintertime