Just checked https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/site-support/
and commented on this bug:
  #14496 server close my connection actively
which describes what I am seeing.

On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 01:31:05 +0100
Fenyo <feny...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What do you mean by "github has its own politics"?

There have been some interesting management gyrations.  I have met people
who left with hard feelings.  Sourceforge has its problems, but there are
non-zero concerns over how sustainable github is.  However for now, it
seems to be doing OK.

> And how the automate synchronizing can be done
> without involving client side? (which means scripts at You and Wintertime
> when you push)

I already push through a script (so that I do not break the tests), so
that would not be a problem.  However I was thinking of some sort of cron
hack to pull from A and push to B if changes found.

Cheers,
Mike Pope