Gesendet: Sonntag, 19. Februar 2017 um 14:57 Uhr
Von: Fenyo <feny...@gmail.com>
An: Freecol-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
Betreff: [Freecol-developers] SourceForge is unusable again
Hi folks,

I write this email mainly to Mike,
but after all, it's everyone's concern.

Today SourceForge is unusable again.
I can not pull from the Repo, it always gives me this:

git.exe pull -v --progress       "origin"

fatal: unable to connect to git.code.sf.net:
git.code.sf.net[0: 216.34.181.155]: errno=No such file or directory

git did not exit cleanly (exit code 1) (4812 ms @ 2017.02.19. 14:37:17)
I got the above with this URL:
git://git.code.sf.net/p/freecol/git

Then i have tried with HTTPS, using this URL:

https://git.code.sf.net/p/freecol/git

Results:
git.exe pull -v --progress       "origin-HTTPS" master

error: SSL read: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0), errno 10054 while accessing https://git.code.sf.net/p/freecol/git/info/refs
fatal: HTTP request failed

git did not exit cleanly (exit code 1) (6641 ms @ 2017.02.19. 14:37:03)

This is happening to me from time to time, and every time it solves on its own.
Clearly, the SourceForge is not reliable!

And when i do a PUSH with a half or a complete year of commits to my forked repo on SF,
it can NOT push that many commits.
For example i had to break to smaller parts the ~ 450MByte new resource files (PSD) at 2016 christmas,
because the damn SourceForge can not handle it as one!

ALL of the above problems NEVER happened me, when i used GitHub. Not at a single time!

I think we should REALLY migrate the whole FreeCol project from this damn SourceForge to GitHub.

Oh, and the Merge Requests (Pull Requests) are handled MUCH better at GitHub!
(Actually that is not working at all here on SourceForge, for years!)
So Enrico could present his modifications without spamming this maillist,
and i also could present mine MUCH easier.

GitHub does not have ANY performance issues like SourceForge has!

Guys, what do you think?

Regards,
Fenyo