Yeah, I can do that. I did it before to split the website out.

I'm pretty sure the GitHub pages are HTTPS by default since it became a
broad requirement from browsers. That said, do you think there's any
features in the newer version of Jekyll that we'd?

We can always try it first and determine if it would be advantageous to
switch. I've used it before with good results, and a lot of companies have
started using that for their OSS project sites. I don't know any of the
details behind the DNS though, so who knows what that will mean. 🤷‍♂️

David