I would echo your sentiments about WordPress. I used to be a Drupal / WP
Dev for Disney some years ago and I would steer very far away from the
WordPress platform, it'll give way more problems than it's worth.
Especially security wise.

Jekyll is probably the easiest method to come up with. It'll have the
lowest bar for coding and maintenance. You'll find it super easy, Blake.
It's more of a markdown formatter, so you write pages in Markdown instead
of HTML. Templates are in HTML CSS, but most of the time you don't need to
touch these unless you want a special customization or new feature added,
but the content itself is just all markdown docs.

I'll try my access when I get to a computer, I haven't tried yet.

David