At 09:52 PM 4/6/2004 +0800, Johnson Lam wrote:

>>I also have to put up the EMM386 with VCPI support final release in the next day or
>>two, along with actual programming work, so am running a little busy right now.
>
>I misunderstand ... never mind, I'll keep waiting the new one.
>(the archive in your site don't have version info, a bit confuse)

Most of my work is test versions of a particular feature which changes frequently.  As
a consequence they don't tick up the version counter for official releases which go
out on the FreeDOS full distribution -- I specify dates for the files as it seems to
work as well for identifying them in testing for what to grab and what one is using.

The one counterexample would be the VCPI support on EMM386.  Many people have been
requesting VCPI support from of me or others before/besides -- even posting on the
official FreeDOS buglist -- as a major requested feature.  So, with the later VCPI
releases I did a more general "world-wide" release announcement on freedos-users
besides here, plus it was posted to FreeDOS announcements.  That release I probably
should have incremented and newly identified the version in some fashion, but I was
used to running test versions and didn't.

This has reminded me to check in and see whether to bump version on EMM386+VCPI final
release since it will be a full announcement including on users.  I'll do that.