Hi!

24-Апр-2004 23:05 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Eric Auer) wrote to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

EA> EMM386 RAM= is well enough implemented if you make it an alias to X= if
EA> you ask me.

     Wrong.

______________O\_/_________________________________\_/O______________
X=mmmm-nnnn
    Prevents EMM386 from using a particular range of segment addresses for
    an EMS page or for UMBs. Valid values for mmmm and nnnn are in the range
    A000h through FFFFh and are rounded down to the nearest 4-kilobyte
    boundary. The X switch takes precedence over the I switch if the two
    ranges overlap.

RAM=mmmm-nnnn
    Specifies a range of segment addresses to be used for UMBs and also
    enables EMS support. If you do not specify a range, EMM386 uses all
    available adapter space to create UMBs and a page frame for EMS.

Thus, RAM= more similar to I=, but, probably, there may be difference that
I= is a unconditional inclusion, whereas RAM= specifies region to check.