On 7/12/07, Ladislav Lacina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I added help screen, possibility to scan other LPT ports and a little
> modyfied delay routine.
> For help screen write lpttest /?
> link: http://www.laaca-mirror.ic.cz/lpttest.zip

Hi Ladislav,

You _need_ to include a copy of the GNU GPL with a copy of your
program.  I don't see one here.  This file is usually named COPYING.

Also, I recommend you update the GNU GPL comment in your source code.
At the top of your program, you have this GPL statement:

;This program can be spread under conditions of GNU/GPL licence.

That's too brief.  To provide the best protection, you should include
this full text as a comment at the top of your LPTTEST.ASM file {I'm
only using GNU GPL v2 here, since the Linux code you reference
(derived from) is still covered ONLY BY GNU GPL v2.  Therefore, it
would be inappropriate to automatically promote this derivation to GNU
GPL v3.}:

   <one line to give the program's name and a brief idea of what it does.>
   Copyright (C) <year>  <name of author>

   This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
   the Free Software Foundation, only version 2 of the License.

   along with this program.  If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

Also add information on how to contact you by electronic and paper mail.

If my assumption about GPL v2 only is correct, you'll need to update
the GPL statement you make in your help screen.  Here's what you have:

warr1 db 'This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify',
13,10,0
warr2 db 'it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by',
13,10,0
warr3 db 'the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at'
,13,10,0
warr4 db 'your option) any later version.',13,10,0

Specifically, you need to update warr3 and warr4 to not give the
option of a later version.  See my text, above.

-jh