Hi Johnson,

>>Sure... UIDE, gcdrom, gxcdrom (or was it xgcdrom?),
>>should be no problem. If you boot from it, you can
>>also use bios as driver (plus eltorito,sys). Same
>>for SATA DVD and BD drives, but remember that our
>>SHSUCDX and MSCDEX both support only ISO9660, not
>>UDF formatted disks :-) Does anybody have "UDFCDX"?

> Jack found that UDF will make the SHSUCDX very big, so he left it.

Thanks for the warning, but I think people would still
be happy to have UDF abilities, even if they have to
boot with a big driver. They can still keep it out of
their normal boot config and put it into a config sys
menu item. You can compare it with MSCLIENT for using
network drives: The driver is big, but sometimes it
is worth the memory to get a special job done :-) As
you can guess, I would suggest to put UDF not into a
common SHSUCDX but into a "special edition" UDF-CDX.

Alain, you started the thread, do you think such a big
UDF CDEX driver would be useful? Or do you think that
it would indeed be too big and too complex for most?

Eric