Thanks,

The link bellow did not work, the driver is in a package "SP39596" and I
found it at
<http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&swItem=wk-61401-1&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN>

It is a 2Mb driver that I nedded to instal in a Win98, and then search
for ahci.sys...

I will test it later :)

I will probably make a config wit 2 options, default for UIDE and
optional AHCI. For what I can understand, this would cover all hardware
possibilities.

Changing hardware... Yes, with DOS, problems like nonexisting floppy
conector in motherboards, paralel port, network drivers, few PCIs, and
so on...

Alain