Op 6-8-2011 12:23, Georg Potthast schreef:
> Rugxulo's bare bone floppy had too much meat for my application so I reduced
> it further and added my DOSUSB driver files including a test file of 969k.
> But it is a 20MB hard disk emulation.

Was just wondering why you didn't go with straight floppy emulation.

>> The usual trick is creating a ramdrive, copying files to there, adjust path
>> and other settings (comspec), start a continuation batchfile from there
>> including DOSUSB loading.
> I could try that. Is there a sample that I can download somewhere?

SHSURDRV has an option to mirror existing drives:
SHSURDRV /D:A: (or was it /F:A:)?.

Still I think Isolinux/Syslinux might be convenient, as its memdisk
module already allows to boot an image as ramdisk. Due to you having a
USB driver disk I guess it's perfectly safe for you to assume all
machines your ISO runs on, will have at least 8MB RAM.

> If you are booting from an USB-CD drive DOSUSB will stop further access to
> it by the BIOS after being loaded. However, my Live-CD just look for USB 3.0
> ports so this does not apply when the USB-CD drive is connected to a 2.0
> port.

Time for a USB2.0 test CD :)

> Georg

Bernd