> Compared to SETEDIT, your editor works on 8086. And compared
> to our EDIT, your editor can probably handle bigger files...
My editor handle files sizes of free memory in real more.
> So yes, your GENTEXT is a good alternative. But if our EDIT
> is unstable, please give a more detailed bug description.
Standard FreeDOS EDIT is very often crashed at randomly moments in the
copying/pasting of the text, and on the editing them. In the screen
have the screenshot of the editor by EDIT has crashed. In the EDIT
sources, used the C language. So, C language is very bad for the any
string operations at all. But my editor written in the Pascal and so
does not crashed.