Not that I all of a sudden want to jump the bandwagon, but is he planning on
hiring current/past FreeDOS developers at least?

----- Oorspronkelijk bericht -----

Van: "Jim Hall" <jh...@freedos.org>
Aan: freedos-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Verzonden: Woensdag 31 december 2014 17:12:57
Onderwerp: [Freedos-devel] Kickstarter project for FreeDOS 2.0

Chelson Aitcheson has just started an independent Kickstarter project to fund
development for FreeDOS-32, in support of a FreeDOS 2.0 distribution. I will
also post a note about this on the FreeDOS website, but I wanted to share a
link here for those who wanted to contribute.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1597889412/freedos-20-32-bit

The Kickstarter aims to raise $2,500 by Thursday, January 29 2015. Chelson's
goal is to hire public developers through freelancer.com to improve FreeDOS-32.
If FreeDOS-32 can be significantly improved, Chelson hopes it will become part
of mainline FreeDOS.

I'll add that I haven't used FreeDOS-32 but if it supports classic DOS programs
on modern systems while adding new and useful features, I would support that
kernel update in FreeDOS 2.0.