Hi,

Since I’ve become the “bain of everyone’s existence” regarding the 32-bit
extension to FreeDOS, I am going to attempt to offer an olive branch so I can
stay on the list.

How about a FreeDOS Developer Studio?

It would combine all of the recommended build tools to build the operating from
the source.

I know a lot of the individual components that comprise FreeDOS commands are
written using various tools, i.e., museum versions of Borland compilers, and
they also use Turbo Vision (or the free representation thereof)…

With that being said (theoretically), would it be a good idea?

OpenWatcom, NASM, FreePascal, what else?

I have the PC Game Programmer’s Encyclopedia. Most of those articles were
public domain documents (the XMS and EMS specifications are in there as text
files), the GIF87 spec, etc. I know a lot of these articles are easily
accessible via the web, but perhaps by providing a centralized location where
you can find code examples and documentation.